Foreign Currency Cheques
A Foreign cheque is a cheque drawn on a foreign bank and a local foreign currency cheque is foreign currency cheque drawn on a local bank. The Bank receives deposits of both foreign and local foreign currency cheques in; USD , GBP , EURO , KES currencies.
- Maximum cheque amounts receivable for local cheques are USD 10,000, GBP 7,000, EUR 8,000, and KES 700,000 and these take up to foru working days to clear
- Minimum amount receivable is $50 for local cheques
- No maximum limit is set for cheques drawn on foreign banks but supporting documentation is needed for very large amounts not corresponding to the beneficiary's account history (above $5,000 or its equivalent). These take a minimum of one month to clear and the minimum cheque amount receivable is $100.
- Account with the Bank.
- Proper identification, Passport, ID or Driving License.
- Supporting documents required for cheques with bigger amounts i.e. USD 5,000 or equivalent in GBP, EURO or KES