Centenary Bank is in the process of attracting a highly competent and motivated individual to fill the position below;
Job Title: General Manager Financial Markets
Reports to: Managing Director
Role : The role is responsible for formulating and implementing the Bank’s Financial Markets strategy to maximise profitability.
Key Result Areas:
1. Champion the development and implementation of the Bank’s financial markets strategic plans; manage, promote, control and coordinate the Bank’s financial markets business with a view of maximising profits.
2. Work closely with the head of Commercial and head of Retail & Microfinance to grow client income from foreign exchange and fixed income business and develop the appropriate delivery mechanism to launch Financial Markets products.
3. Deliver the bank’s Foreign exchange, and fixed income budgets by designing and implementing FX and FI sales and marketing strategies, agreeing individual targets and action plans and monitoring performance against budget on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
4. In liaison with relevant business units draw up annual budgets, departmental strategic plan and allocation of resources.
5. Address the funding requirements of the Bank to ensure availability of sufficient liquidity for the smooth running of the Financial market’s operations.
6. Develop appropriate pricing of all financial market’s products and services including approval of daily forex trading and position taking, investment recommendations on excess liquidity in the T bills and short-term money markets in line with the approved dealing limits and the regulatory framework.
7. Maximize profitability regarding income/revenue derived from trading, financing and hedging other financial markets products, and Monitor /control the currency and interest Rate risk position of the Bank to ensure maintenance of optimum balances within the approved ALCO risk limits.
8. Develop a sustainable Financial Markets product sales plan in line with overall strategic business growth objectives of tapping and focusing on the country’s large export and import trade flows with a view of making the bank a major provider of innovative treasury and trade products.
9. Develop, grow and maintain a client relationship base (potential/existing) for forex and money market clients in line with the Bank corporate objectives in addition to developing good relationships with regulators with ability to contribute & where possible influence policy formulation.
10. Manage and monitor implementation of the Bank’s Risk policy guidelines in financial markets operations, and Market risk management of all Financial Markets trading activities within the agreed parameters to allow profitability and optimal capital utilization.
11. Implement Global standards of risk and control, systems and processes (including compliance)
12. Manage the dealing room risk, interest rate, liquidity and foreign exchange risk, with a view of avoiding or minimizing loss resulting from high risk exposures by ensuring that the dealing staff operate within approved dealing limits.
13. Develop the annual Financial Markets work plan and set benchmarks for the implementation, monitoring, periodic review and evaluation of the planned projects against set targets to support and advance business goals and initiatives of the Bank
14. Provide strategic and supervisory leadership to the Financial Markets team and lead in the implementation of effective performance management and Human Resources practices of the Bank
Education and Professional Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Commerce and Economics or any related discipline
2. ACI Dealing Certification
Required Experience and Competences
10 years’ experience in Banking with specific preference to Financial Markets/treasury, 5 of which should have been in a management role.
1. A sound knowledge of all Financial Markets products with trading room experience
2. In depth knowledge of dealing systems and function.
3. Strategic thinking
4. Sales and Relationship management skills
5. Analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
6. Leadership skills
7. Reporting skills.
8. Willingness to take measured risks
9. Ability to manage and motivate staff
10. Broad knowledge of banking practices and local banking regulation
11. Broad knowledge of ALCO management
12. Knowledge of Trade Finance and Commercial Banking functions
13. Proficiency for evaluating market conditions and responding proactively and positively
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team in a fast-paced work environment and meet fully the requirements above, please;
a. Download an application for employment form www.centenarybank.co.ug
b. Fill the form and enclose an application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), plus copies of all academic credentials, testimonials and contact details of three competent referees.
c. Submit the application not later than Monday 14th October, 2019 to:-
General Manager Human Resources
P.O. Box 1892