The plight of the people in the communities we serve is at the heart of everything we do! Since our inception, Our Bank has consistently and deliberately dedicated priceless time and resources to transforming lives and improving the welfare of the communities in which we operate. Ultimately, our commitment goes beyond banking. It’s equally about doing the right thing and that is why, in line with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy, every year, we devote up to 1 per cent of our previous year's net profits towards CSR.
During 2018, our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives had extensive impact and coverage in Uganda. Through our flagship CSR program, Bridging the Cancer Gap, we increased our cancer awareness outreach in the country further, and strengthened our financial literacy program by introducing a new initiative dubbed the Anti-fraud campaign. In general, we increased our CSR outreach by 27% from 22 million people in 2017 to 28 million in 2018. In addition, we increased our investment by 4% from UGX 1.06 billion to UGX1.1 billion.
CSR Objectives and Outcomes;
1. Increase awareness of Centenary Bank’s CSR activities by at least 5%.
2. Grow staff participation in CSR activities by 10%.
3. Increase outreach by at least 10%
1. Awareness of Centenary Bank’s CSR activities grew by 20%. The main channel that supported this was television and the campaign aired on three channels.
2. Staff participation in CSR activities grew by 18.7% from 1,600 in 2017 to 1,900. Staff enjoyed being part of community activities where their branches are located and being part of the Bridging the Cancer Gap activities.
3. CSR outreach grew by 27%. The annual Rotary Cancer Run was key in increasing awareness about the dangers of cancer run and its prevalence in the country.
This is our flagship Corporate Social Responsibility initiative in the communities we operate in because of its great importance...Read More
Centenary Bank is committed to providing the people in the communities we serve with access to financial management s...Read More
Centenary Bank adheres to the triple-bottom line principle and inevitably takes strides to preserve the environment.We reduced t...Read More
The church has always been and will always be a major stakeholder in our Corporate Social Responsibility drive.<...Read More